Datas, Horarios e Sesións
Datas e horarios
Necesidades, prerrequisitos e inf. xeral
Necesidades a cubrir
Datos persoal Formador e Titor
In this course, you will learn how to write a scientific document in LaTeX from scratch through practical examples that allow you to learn from the most basic fundamentals to the advanced options of this language. LaTeX is a text composition system that creates written documents with high typographic quality. Due to its characteristics and possibilities, it is used especially intensively in the writing of scientific articles and books that include, among other elements, mathematical expressions.
Competencias a desenvolver
- Know the essential elements for the edition of mathematical texts.
- Primary use of LaTeX for editing mathematical texts: the creation of tables, handling of figures, formulas and equations...
- Use of LaTeX in the preparation of scientific documents.
- Use of LaTeX in the elaboration of scientific presentations.
Each module describes the main procedures for elaborating scientific documents (articles, theses, presentations,...) using LaTeX. The student will have theoretical notes based on examples and practical cases. In addition, live sessions will be developed through a videoconference platform (MS Teams, Zoom or similar), where students will be able to follow the explanations and indications given by the teaching staff. During each live session, practical exercises will be provided for students to carry out. At the end of the course, there will be a final test to evaluate the contents.
Both the e-learning platform and the videoconference platform measure the connection time of each participant. This criterion will be taken into account at the time of the final evaluation:
- Participation in live sessions and connection time (minimum 10 hours) - 10%.
- Tasks carried out during the live sessions - 70%.
- Final test (in line) - 20%.