Introductory Course to Open Job Orientation
Introductory Course to Open Job Orientation
The CIXUG Consortium, with the support of the Regional Ministry of Employment and Equality and the Ministry of Labour and Social Economy, is launching the Introductory Course to Open Job Orientation to fill the void that currently exists between the Postgraduate Specialization in Job Orientation and the lack of initial training for those people who, being potentially interested in the profession, lack previous experience and cannot find training references.
In this way, the introductory course is intended to serve as a first approach for people who, having a potential interest in developing their professional future in the field of job orientation, lack precise knowledge about the contents of the service and what exactly it consists of, what skills are necessary and what its development entails in practice.
The main objective of this Introductory Course to Open Job Orientation is serve as a first approach to content, skills, tools and methodologies for the development of Open Job Orientation in Galicia, transferring to the participant’s precise knowledge about the personal resources, the methodologies, technologies and skills that must work to be able to develop in this field professionally, serving as a step before the Postgraduate Specialization in Job Orientation.
But in addition, the following are objectives of this course:
- To integrate into a training process the essential basic criteria and principles that the Regional Ministry of Economy, Employment and Industry wishes to transmit to any technician who is interacting with job seekers.
- To open up the development pathway linked to job orientation for all those people who may be interested in directing their professional future towards this pathway.
- To complete the development of the training curriculum for job orientation, providing a complete and coordinated pathway from the most basic to the most advanced levels.
For this reason, the training, its content and its teaching methods have been designed by combining and balancing expository sessions with practical elements, requiring interaction and participation and through the use of technological channels and tools that are applied in natural work environments; these contents have been developed specifically for this training by the teaching team that will participate in its development.
The Introduction to Open Job Orientation Course is aimed at the following profiles:
- University students in their final years, who think that job orientation can be an ideal field for the development of their professional future.
- University graduates with no previous experience in job orientation and who want to assess their approach to this activity to develop their professional training.
- Other people who develop their professional activity in employment and want to approach the contents and methodologies of open job orientation to complement their work areas.
It is recommended that this introductory course be taken beforehand for people interested in taking the Postgraduate Specialisation in Job Orientation if they have no previous experience in this field.
Due to the situation arising from COVID-19, to guarantee the safety of all those taking the Introduction to Open Work Orientation Course, while at the same time avoiding possible incidents in the teaching environment that could impede its normal development, in this edition, the course will be held in 100% online mode.
In this way, the face-to-face sessions that have been taking place during the course will be replaced by live webinars, compulsory attendance and which will take place at the same time as the face-to-face sessions were held in previous editions: Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 14:00 h. In addition, e-learning activities will continue to be carried out through the CIXUG virtual classroom.
More than ever before, this implies the importance of attending to the technical requirements specified for the monitoring of the course as detailed in this section.
Whenever the epidemiological situation and health recommendations allow, we will try to promote voluntary face-to-face networking sessions among the participants (either during the course or after it), to promote personal acquaintance among the people taking part in the course and thus ensure another of the main objectives of this training, which is the generation of contacts for networking.
Technical requirements for tracking
As this is a fully online edition through the CIXUG Moodle platform, participants must ensure that they have the following items at their disposal:
- Personal computer with a recommended screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher.
- Broadband internet connection and it is recommended to have up-to-date antivirus.
- In the updated version, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser (NOTE: some Moodle functionalities may not work with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, so their use is not recommended).
- It is essential to have a webcam, speakers and microphone, and it is advisable to have a headset with an integrated microphone to follow the course better.
- Following live webinars requires the installation of the Zoom client for meetings, which can be obtained free of charge at this link.
- Viewing PDF documents requires the installation of Acrobat Reacher, which can be obtained free of charge from this link.
Some of the formative and evaluative activities of the course require access and interaction through the network, as well as the creation of digital and video artefacts; and the contents of the different subjects will not be downloadable until the end of them since it is also its visualization in the virtual classroom will be taken into account as a utilization criterion.
In addition, and given the innovative approach to the introductory course in the use of ICT tools and new technologies applied to employment management, may be required the installation by the participants of certain software or plugins on their computer which, in any case, will be free and open-source.
Likewise, to make participation and excellent use of certain course activities possible, participants may be required to register on social platforms or networks, creating real professional profiles, which must remain active until the end of the course.
In any case, the specific requirements that each trainer needs for their activities, as well as the instructions for downloading and installing them, will be published in the virtual classroom of the course sufficiently in advance to enable their correct installation and availability.
The Introduction to Open Job Orientation Course includes 27 hours of live webinars held on Friday afternoons (16:00 h to 20:30 h) and Saturday mornings (9:30 h to 14:00 h).
The training is completed by adding distance learning, evaluative activities, revision and personal work of the students to these live seminars to complete the 150 hours that make up the total of the course.
The live webinars will serve to reinforce the most critical concepts, resolve doubts and have a practical impact on the knowledge acquired, finishing each module with an objective evaluation test (exam) to determine the level of achievement of each participant.
The entire course will take place on the CIXUG Moodle platform, so participants must have the necessary equipment and technical resources available, as described in the section on technical requirements for following the course.
The course programme consists of the following topics:
- Theme 1: introduction to the National Employment System.
- Theme 2: the activities of the Job Orientation Service.
- Theme 3: labour prospecting and intermediation.
- Theme 4: labour market analysis.
- Theme 5: introduction to self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- Theme 6: the fundamentals of ICT work.
- Theme 7: communication and networking.
When it will take place
The Introduction to Open Job Orientation Course will be held from 25 September 2020 in the CIXUG virtual classroom, with live webinars on Friday afternoons from 16:00h to 20:30h, and on Saturday mornings from 9:30h to 14:00h.
The live seminars will take place on the dates and with the contents indicated below:
- 25/09/2020: introduction to the National Employment System and Open Job Orientation.
- 26/09/2020: activities of the Job Orientation Service
- 02/10/2020: job prospecting and intermediation and the process of orientation intervention.
- 03/10/2020: networking. Tools and methods..
- 09/10/2020: analysis of the labour market and the Labour Force Survey.
- 10/10/2020: web 2.0, an opportunity for job search.
NOTE: depending on organisational and didactic criteria, the order of the sessions may be altered, but always within the days indicated.
Conditions for approval
To pass the course you need to:
- Complete attendance of at least 80% of the live webinars (a maximum of 1 absence).
- Visualise and work on the contents of the topics in the virtual classroom.
- Pass the evaluative activities with an average score of 5 points or more.
- Participate actively in the course.
Other aspects will also be considered, such as evidence of the acquisition of competencies and perseverance in following the course.
All live webinars will have an attendance check to verify compliance with the attendance requirement.
The final grade will be PASS or FAIL and will be determined by the application of the following weightings:
|1||Proba obxectiva do curso||50%|
|2||Participación e seguimento do curso||10%|
|3||Tarefas dos módulos||20%|
|4||Competencia dixital (artefactos e perfís profesionais)||20%|
Teachers of the Introduction to Open Job Orientation course
The teaching team that is going to develop the Course of Introduction to Open Job Orientation is the same that develops the programme of the Postgraduate Specialisation in Job Orientation so that the contents are perfectly coordinated, and the level of the contents is adjusted in each case to the level foreseen in the course.
The teaching team is made up of the following people, who act not only as instructors but also as tutors in e-learning:
FERNANDO AGULLÓ LEAL
ACADEMIC DIRECTOR OF THE COURSE, SPECIALIST IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Fernando Agulló Leal holds a degree in Economics and Business Studies from the University of Santiago de Compostela, a PhD in Economics from the University of A Coruña, a Master’s Degree in Business Creation from the University of A Coruña, a Senior Technician in Occupational Risk Prevention and Project Manager from the Project Management Institute.
His professional experience was not exclusively focused on teaching, as he also worked as an economist or senior technician in the General Directorate of Commerce of the Xunta de Galicia until his incorporation as teaching and research personnel at the University of A Coruña, as well as contributing articles to La Voz de Galicia in the Mercados supplement. He was also Director of the Jorge Juan Chair.
Currently, in addition to acting as Academic Director of the Postgraduate Course of Specialisation in Job Orientation, he is responsible for teaching the subjects taught at the University of A Coruña:
- “Entrepreneurship Initiative” in the Master’s Degree in Labour Management and Leadership
- “Introduction to Economics” in the Degree of Labour Relations and Human Resources
- ” Economy and Enterprise” in the Degree in Labour Relations and Human Resources.
- “Business Creation and Management” in the Degree in Sport and Physical Education Sciences.
- Final Degree Project ( FDP) and Master’s Degree Project ( MDP)
Mª TERESA DEUS TRASOBARES
TUTOR, JOB ORIENTATION SPECIALIST
Graduated in Employment Sciences, Mayte Dios Trasobares is president of “Inprega, S. Coop. Gallega”, where she works as a senior consultant.
She holds, among others, a Master’s Degree in Teacher Training for Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, and Professional Training and Language Teaching.
Her career path is always linked to the labour market and employment. For nine years, she worked for the INEM and, later, for the City Councils of A Coruña and Ferrol, and then went on to carry out technical assistance and consultancy work for various public bodies.
You can also meet her on Linkedin.
CARLOS PARADA GANDOS
TUTOR, ICT AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Carlos Parada holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and a Postgraduate Certificate as a Professional Expert in e-Learning 2.0. Much of his professional experience was focused on the technical management of training plans and the design of training plans, evaluations and methodologies of training actions related to the ICT field and on the technical and pedagogical coordination of projects for the incorporation of technologies in the field of training.
He currently collaborates as a senior consultant and trainer with various public and private entities in the specialities of:
- Virtual learning environments (e-learning)
- Digital identity
- Teacher training
- Dynamisation of communities of practice
- Entrepreneurship support
The regular enrolment period will be open from 1 to 15 September 2020 (subject to availability of places). However, if after this deadline there are still places available, the possibility of enrolling will remain open as long as there are still places available and the course has not yet started.
To apply for enrolment in the Introduction to Open Job Orientation course, you must fill in the form linked below and simultaneously send a copy of the following documents in electronic format to the e-mail address email@example.com:
- Valid identity document.
- Valid census certificate ( less than six months old)
- University degree/ degree certificate (valid in Spain).
These documents must be copied on both sides, and their content must be complete, clear and legible.
(Registration for the 2020 edition closed)
After receiving confirmation of pre-registration, you will have two working days to pay the registration fee (50.00 euros) and send a copy of the form that will be indicated in the confirmation e-mail. If payment is not made within this period, you may lose the right to reserve your place, and it will be passed on to the next person on the waiting list.
NOTE 1: the enrolment fee is subsidised by the co-financing provided by the Regional Ministry of Economy, Employment and Industry and the Ministry of Labour and Social Economy so that no additional discounts will be applied to this amount.
NOTE 2: qualifications that require validation in Spain will not be permissible without proof of validation.
NOTE 3: this documentation may be requested in original for verification purposes during the duration of the course or at a later stage as part of the audit process to which it may be subject by the financial institutions.
For more information of your interest in relation to the Introduction to Open Job Orientation Course, you can use the following methods:
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling 611 412 116